Monday, January 21, 2008

Motor mount update


I braved the 12 degree weather this morning and headed out to the boat. I took my camera with me to document the motor mounts (or isolators) and a notebook to write down dimensions. The two shown here are on the port side and easy to get to. The mounts on the starboard side are difficult to get to.

After driving home, I decided to call Hunter Marine for parts information and installation suggestions. They don't carry motor mounts at Hunter and suggested I call their supplier, Mastry Engine Center. They are not retail, and suggested I call Mack Boring. They were very helpful, giving me the correct Yanmar part number and the local suppliers. Joe even e-mailed me the spec sheet on the correct mount (they call it a shock absorber).

Hunter told me that the engine box was installed after the deck was placed, and that I should be able to take apart some of the wood panels for easier access.

I don't know... it still looks like a daunting job. I will have to think a bit more before tackling this project myself.

No comments: