Sunday, September 6, 2009

Roller Furling Has Arrived

A package was waiting for me Friday when I returned from my part-time job. My much awaited roller furling had finally arrived! I took a quick peek inside the main box and found the installation instructions. I tried digesting them Saturday morning when I was nice and fresh, but stumbled over the copied sheets and photos on a CD. The mast would have to come down again to do this job since it is a fractional rig and I would not be able to disconnect the headstay while the mast is up. My thoughts are to bring the mast back down when I am ready to haul and store it at the club facility. In the spring I can do the work and install the furling as I step the mast.

On the other hand... I am also going to look into hiring the job out to more experienced people. Ruth and I will have to talk about that possibility.

Today we are heading out to Brockport Yacht Club, a close-by port. They are having a wine-tasting party and charity event. A few of us GYC members hope to leave this morning. Yesterday was the annual clam bake at GYC and it went off very well. The weather was great and a good turn-out.

No comments: